Friday, September 01, 2006

There's been a lot in the news lately about the Baby Boomers and their lives as the sixties people.
I was being a sixties person in the 1950s. So were a lot of my friends. We were being seventies people inthe 1960s and so on. We were about ten years ahead of the crowd.
I think that all these 'youngsters' should remember that we were the ones who lead the way.
Now I'm in my seventies and leading a busy and active life I'm waiting for the next generation to catch up with me.
I'll be interested to see if the pattern persists!
It used to make me cross in my twenties when the 'teens were under the impression that they had invented sex, drugs and rock and roll!
I was one of the first members of the Cavern Club. We migrated there from the Jazz Club which met, as far as I remember, in the Temple Bar. They didn't approve of the modern stuff (anything that wasn't trad jazz!)
Anybody else remember that time?

No comments: